Email sent to families about Charlotte Tournament (Wednesday, November 11th):
Dear YDA Parents,
For those attending the Charlotte tournament this weekend, here are a few updates regarding the weekend:
- Tournament website: If you would like to read up on the rules, who is coming to the tournament, etc...please go to the 2015 Under Armour Cup page and check out everything going at the tournament
- Schedules: The schedules have been released if you have yet to look at the tournament’s website; please note that tournament schedules can sometimes change, so please make sure you look as late as Friday to ensure nothing has changed; 2015 UA Cup Schedules
- Fields: All fields and addresses can be found here: 2015 UA Cup Fields.
- Weather Hotline: Should inclement weather occur they will email the team contacts but you may also check the home page for the tournament and the weather hotline 704-583-8354 x1
- Arrival time for the games: The expectation for the first game on Saturday, is that ALL players arrive at the park 45 minutes prior to kickoff; this is due to finding the field, finding parking, getting to the field, etc...for the 2nd game on Saturday, arriving 30 minutes prior is fine, however, please make sure we arrive early so our teams can properly warm-up and get organized.
- Tournament rules: 2015 UA Cup Rules. Please note this tournament does have a few different rules than what they are used to in the Triangle Premier League:
U9 – U10
Maximum roster size for teams U9 - U10 playing 6v6 is 12
Punting: is not encouraged at our festivals.
- U10: there will be NO PUNTING in the U10 6v6 age group. In the event of a punt, the referee will stop play and restart with a goal kick by the team who just punted the ball.
- U9: are allowed to punt if needed.
Offsides: There will be offsides called in the U9 - U10 6v6 age groups.
Goal Kicks: Teams will drop back to half field for goal kicks.
- All players can substitute on all throw ins, goal kicks and in the event of a player being hurt. No substitutions on Penalty kicks, free kicks & corner kicks.
- All substitutions must enter the playing field from the halfway line with permission from the referee and should not enter the playing field until the player they are replacing has reached the touchline.
There will be penalty kicks.
We will allow a foul throw to be retaken one time, after that it will result in a turnover.
- Uniforms: Please make sure your child brings both of their uniform tops, their shorts, socks, and TU hoody; please also have them bring their practice t-shirts for in-between games or hanging around the hotel and so forth.
Last thing I would like to mention is sideline behavior. There have been little to no issues with this during the fall season and I thank you all for that; however I know that things can always get ratcheted up a notch during tournament play but please be mindful that we are all representing Triangle United on the fields and away from the fields and want to keep a positive relationship with the tourney host, Charlotte United.
Have fun and enjoy the weekend!