All games shall be played in accordance with the FIFA Laws, except as specifically modified by these rules.
1. A one-referee system will be used for U10 games.
2. Goalkeepers are NOT allowed to punt past midfield (should the punt land past midfield the opposing team will be awarded an indirect free kick at midfield)
3. Off-sides will be used
A – GAME POINT SYSTEM
Win - 3 points Tie - 1 point Loss - 0 points
B - TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE (If two or more teams have the same number of game points)
If there are more than two teams tied #1 is thrown out, the tiebreaker will return to number 1 only after a team has been eliminated from the tie.
1 - Result of head to head competition
2 – Goal differential (determined by subtracting "goals allowed" from "goals scored," up to 3 per game)
3 - Least Goals allowed
4 - Most shutouts (includes 0-0 ties)
5 - FIFA penalty kicks - taken immediately (FIFA Reduce to Equate rule does not apply)
Any forfeit will be recorded as a 1-0 shutout.
C - TIE BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SEMIFINALS
· There will be no overtime- FIFA Penalty Kicks (Reduce to Equate FIFA Law will apply)
D - TIE BREAKING PRODEDURE FOR FINALS
1 - Five minute break before play resumes
2 - Referee will again toss a coin for choice of direction of play
3 - One five-minute “sudden victory” period will be played; first team to score wins
4 - If first five minute period is scoreless, teams immediately switch goals and a second five minute “sudden victory” period is played
- NO REST BREAK
5 - If still tied, FIFA penalty kicks (Reduce to Equate FIFA Law will apply)
E - SUBSTITUTIONS
Unlimited substitutions will be allowed in all age groups at the following times:
1 - Prior to a throw-in, (your favor)
2 - Prior to a goal kick by either team
3 - After a goal is scored
4 - At half-time
5 - Prior to an overtime period
6 - Substitutions at the end of a stoppage for an injury, with the permission of the referee, is unlimited for either team
7 - At the time of the infraction, a yellow-carded player may be substituted with the permission of the referee
Entering subs must remain off the field until the player they are replacing comes off the field.
F - LENGTH OF GAME
· U10 – 25 minute halves
· U11-U12 – 30 minute halves
· U13-U14 – 35 minute halves
· U15-U16 – 40 minute halves
· Tournament Director or their designee may modify the length of the game.
G - GAME BALL
· U10 – U12 Size 4 Ball, U13-U16 Size 5 Ball
· An acceptable ball must be provided by the home team
· Players, coaches or spectators who are ejected from a contest must leave the facility immediately.
· Any player, coach, assistant coach or manager receiving a red card will not be permitted to participate in the remainder of the game and the following game. Suspension from additional games will be contingent upon a review of the violation by the Tournament Director or his/her designee after receipt of the referee report. A second red card results in suspension from the remainder of the tournament. Players receiving a red card resulting from two yellow cards won't be permitted to participate in the remainder of the game, but will be permitted to play again in the next game.
· Players, coaches and/or spectators ejected for fighting will not be allowed to participate or spectate further tournament games.
· Any coach or Director of Soccer who is involved with multiple teams and who is ejected from a game must leave the complex until the game involving the ejection is completed. They are not allowed at that team’s next game, but may return to the complex during the suspension time and attend the games of the other teams to which they are rostered or carded.
· Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their players and spectators and may be warned for their inappropriate behavior.
· The Tournament Director or his/her designee has the right to ask anyone to leave the complex for unsportsmanslike behavior.
I - SPECTATOR AND COACHING AREA
· Both teams will sit on the same side of the field.
· Parents and spectators must sit in the appropriate areas across from their team bench area, between the 18 yard and center lines.
· Any parent or spectator who is not in the appropriate area will be required to move.
· Unless superseded by a ruling from the Tournament Director or his/her designee, there will be a maximum grace period of 10 minutes allowed after the scheduled kick-off time before the team not showing forfeits the match. The game clock will begin at the scheduled time of the match and the game will begin play no later than the ten-minute mark.
· U10 teams must have five (5) or more players present in order to begin match
· U11-U16 teams must have seven (7) or more players present in order to begin a match.
· Score of a forfeited match will be 1-0.
· In the event of a forfeit, tie-breaking Rules, 2, 3, and 4 are based on the "per game" average for games actually played.
K - INCLEMENT WEATHER
· Regardless of weather conditions, coaches and their teams must appear on the field of play ready to play as scheduled. Failure to appear will result in a forfeiture of the game.
· Only the Tournament Director or his/her designee can cancel or postpone a game.
· The safety of the players and spectators will be the first concern in making any weather decisions.
· The Tournament Director or his/her designee may move the location of a game to another field or complex.
· Inclement weather before the game: In case of severe weather conditions before play begins, the Tournament Director or his/her designee may reduce the length of the game.
· TEAMS SHOULD NOT LEAVE THE COMPLEX UNTIL THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE HAS DETERMINED THE STATUS OF THEIR GAME.
· Should a severe weather signal be given during a game, all of the players and spectators should seek shelter in their vehicles. Please have only one representative from your team communicate with tournament officials as to the status of games. Every effort will be made to complete each game if the weather allows. Games which cannot be finished due to weather but have reached half time will be considered final. The Tournament Director will decide the final disposition of all games which did not reach half time and were unable to be completed due to weather.
· SEVERE WEATHER SIGNALS-
o One long horn- Vacate fields immediately
o Two quick horns- Safe to return to fields (One team representative should report to headquarters.)
For field updates due to weather call: 919-942-2036
L - PLAYER EQUIPMENT - In general, Law IV of FIFA Laws applies.
1. If color of jerseys is similar or same, the designated home team will change colors. (Team listed first on schedule is the home team).
2. No plastic or metal jewelry of any kind (except corrective glasses) may be worn.
3. Each player except goalkeeper must have individual numbers on uniform shirts.
4. Shin guards are required for all players. Goalkeeper’s mouthpieces are strongly recommended.
5. Casts - players who are wearing protective casts are allowed to play if the following conditions are met:
1. Cast is wrapped in foam or other protective material that will protect other players.
2. The player with the cast does not attempt to use the cast to an advantage or in such a way as to put others in danger.
3. The referee approves the cast protection and such approval will not be unreasonably withheld.
6. No Equipment changes may be made after the referee’s equipment check without his/her permission. Changing to illegal equipment is a yellow card offense.
M – GENERAL
1. All decisions of the referee that do not conflict with the tournament rules are final and binding.
2. The Tournament Committee, Triangle United Soccer and NCYSA will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by any team or club if the tournament is canceled in whole or in part nor will any refunds be made.
3. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to decide on all matters pertaining to the tournament and its judgment is final.
N - NO PROTESTS WILL BE ALLOWED