During the 2018-2019 season, Triangle United upped its involvement in the community by participating in a lot of different community based programs. This is in line with our Mission Statement (The mission of Triangle United Soccer Association is to provide all families a positive, healthy, progressive environment for youth development through soccer in our community)"
Below are the programs we were involved in this past seasonal year:
- For the 9th year, we partnered with the Durham Bulls Youth Athletic League (DBYAL) and the Police Athletic League (PAL) of Durham, to run an inner-city soccer program for 15 elementary schools.
- For the first time, we have partnered with PORCH to provide canned goods to local food shelters in the Chapel Hill-Carrboro area
- For the first time, we have run a food drive for the Durham Rescue Mission to provide canned goods for the food kitchen in downtown Durham
- For the first time, we partnered with Durham Public Schools and their Encore! program, which is an Afterschool Program in Durham for their Middle schools. The club worked with each school for 4 weeks providing soccer instruction and play during their aftershool program.
- The club staff participated in 4 builds with Habitat for Humanity Orange County throughout the year and plans to continue this for future seasons.
- Ran a clinic for the Salvation Army of Durham County
- Created a TOPSoccer program that is designed to foster the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of America's youth through the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition, organized by volunteers. The program is designed to bring the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to any young individual who has a developmental or intellectual disability.