NPL Competitive Guidelines
(this can be updated or adjusted at any time)
· Players should have no signs or symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 14 days and have no known exposure to someone that has been ill in 14 days
· All players must have had their temperature checked at home prior to leaving for the fields (this should not exceed 100.4; if so, player must stay at home and let coach know)
· Should hydrate while socially distanced
· Players should bring hand sanitizer with them for use during stoppages
· Every player must wear a face mask to and from the field.
· No unnecessary contact (high-fives, chest bumps, elbow bumps, huddles, etc…)
· To aid in any necessary contact tracing for NPL matches, the coach of each team (home and away) will record the following information on a form for all persons present on the field of play (athletes, coaches, medical personnel, referees, etc): which athletes were in attendance, contact phone numbers, a confirmation that the athletes are symptom free, that they have no known exposures to COVID19, and that they do not have temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater. A form will be distributed prior to the our home game
· Inquire how athletes are feeling and send home anyone you believe is sick or ill
· Ensure all athletes have their own equipment (ball, water, bag, etc…)
· All coaches must have had their temperature checked at home prior to leaving for the fields (this should not exceed 100.4)
· Coaches should have no signs or symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 14 days and have no known exposure to someone that has been ill in 14 days
· Coaches will be required to wear a mask the entire time
· Coaches will practice social distancing with staff and players
· Coaches will be responsible for equipment and must sanitize daily
· Coaches should carry hand-sanitizer with them at all times
· All parents/spectators must have had their temperature checked at home prior to leaving for the fields (this should not exceed 100.4)
· Parents/spectators should have no signs or symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 14 days and have no known exposure to someone that has been ill in 14 days
· Stay in car or adhere to social distance guidelines
· Ensure your child is healthy and symptom-free.
· Check your child’s temperature prior to the activity
· Consider not car pooling and/or be very limited
· Notify the club if your child becomes ill for any reason
· Be sure your child has the necessary sanitizing products with them
Triangle United Game Protocol (in addition to the general guidelines)
Warm-up Prior to a Game:
· Players should arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to their game time to allow adequate time for the players/spectators to leave the field from the prior game.
· Players should not begin until the previous team has left the field
· Social distancing should be observed and masks on when going to and leaving field
· Parents/spectators should remain in their car until 5 minutes prior to kickoff
· Parents/spectators are expected to wear their masks in accordance with NC and local mandates. Masks should be worn to, from, and before games. Stationary spectators may remove masks only if alone or in the presence of their family unit. Masks should be worn if spectators leave the area.
· Competition Warm-up recommendations follow Phase III training recommendations:
o Coaches should not be within 6 feet of any player
o Progressions between drills should be set up prior to players arriving at the field. Players should not touch any equipment
o In general, maintain as much social distance as possible during warm-up activities
· Participants should avoid touching each other before, during, or after competition; this includes hugs, high-fives, or huddles
· If game balls are used during the warm-up, they should be re-sanitized before the game
· Players and coaches at the "bench" area are reminded to wear masks for the duration of the game when not playing. There will be NO benches on the sidelines. Players and coaches are encouraged to bring with them their own chair to sit in and place their water/bag
· No handshakes, high fives, fist bumps, chest bumps, huddles, group celebrations, etc…should take place when goals are scored or when subs are leaving/entering the field
· During half-time, all players and staff should maintain 6 feet distance and wearing their masks; if a player needs more time to recover from playing, have that player stand 12 feet away from the group until they are recovered and able to put their mask on
· Players should sanitize their hands (players should have in their bags)
· Coaches should limit the amount of time the entire team is near the bench area at one time
· No post-game handshakes should take place.
· Teams should pick up and immediately leave the field following the game, exiting at the designated exit point. Post-game meetings should be brief, if at all
· All participants should wear a mask when exiting the field and maintain space between themselves and others.
· Players should not take off equipment until they have left the facility
· All persons entering the medical tent area will be required to wear a face mask.
· The expectation is that athletes and parents provide their own face masks, so please have all athletes at least keep one in their equipment bag.
· All persons entering the medical tent area will be asked the COVID-19 screening questions.
· Athletes receiving on-field treatment will not have a face mask on, but medical staff attending to the athlete on the field will wear a face mask in addition to face shield or goggles.