A Technical Soccer Program for 5-7 Years Olds
(birthdates between 8/1/2006 and 7/31/2009)
Click here for the Program Application
Program Objective: To provide an environment for players 5-7 years old (born between 8/1/2006 and 7/31/2009) that have demonstrated the ability and desire to develop at a higher rate than a recreational player. The Youth Development Academy Juniors program will focus on the development of individual technical skills in a team environment. The atmosphere that is created will also foster player growth in areas of balance, coordination, teamwork and sportsmanship.
Program Structure: Each YDA JRS team will have a dedicated parent or volunteer coach who will assist in training the teams and coach them during games. The program will have multiple technical directors who will run one technical session each week for the players and also oversee the optional Friday sessions. Practices will be held at Rainbow, Woodcroft or Southern Community Park on either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday from approximately 5:00/5:30- 6:00/6:30.
- Games will occur on Saturdays at either Southern Community Park or Triangle Church. There will most likely be a few events throughout the year that will require Sunday afternoon participation (between 1:00 and 5:00 PM).
- The goal is create u6 and u8 teams, as well as all girls teams. This is all contingent on players location as well as numbers for each gender/age, but goal is create this for the program.
Benefits: In addition to providing a premier teaching environment, players will also receive at no additional cost:
- Summer kick-off camp (June 24-26, 2014)
- Optional in-season Friday technical training sessions
- Winter indoor futsal program
- UNC/Duke special events
- 1 uniform kit (1 jersey,1 short & 1 pair of socks, 2 training shirts)
- 1 personalized sweatshirt/jacket for training
- Participation in Fall and Spring festival events
Total club fees for year $440
Questions? Email YDAJRS@triangleunited.org