Over the past 4 years, the 91 Triangle United Gold Boys team has helped put Triangle United on the map by their outstanding play on the field and their love for the game. Having Elmar Bolowich (UNC-Chapel Hill Men’s Soccer Head Coach) as their club coach, not only did the club have a vital role model to learn from, so did the boys.
What these players accomplished over the past 4 years may never be accomplished again. Below are a few of their highlights from the past 4 years.
- 3 Trips to the USYS National Championships
- 3 Straight Region III Championships
- 3 Straight NC State Cup Champions
- Participated in the Dallas Cup (this is an invitation only event)
- Disney Soccer Showcase (2006 Semi-Finalists, 2007 Finalists, Showcase Participant 2008, 2009)
- Raleigh Shootout (2006 Finalists, 2007 Champions, Showcase Participant 2008, 2009)
- US Club Regionals (2007 Finalists)
- Score at Shore (2007 Champions)
- Jefferson Cup (2007 Finalists)
Not only did these boys do well on the field, they also did well off the field. They helped with Special Olympics, ran special soccer clinics for young children, and did many other community events. They have become a part of our community and one in which Triangle United and anyone associated with TU should be proud of.
Most of these young men will be taking their game to the next level (click here to see where they are going to play in college); a few of them are just going to be Seniors and will be around, but we are quite sure they will end up playing at a quality University as well.
As these boys move on to their next stage of their life, their legacy they have left behind will make any club proud they were involved with such great individuals; this will not only inspire future Triangle United players to become great, but anyone who may have come in contact with them. Who knows, we may see these boys again making a run at the McGuire Cup (the oldest trophy in youth sport; this year was the 75th year of the cup) at u19 next year...we can only hope...